Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Politics Is Pulling Us, Muslims, Apart



To be frank, I don't believe in political systems today. Parties and politicians today is none of my concern, UMNO, MCA, MIC, PKR, PAS, you name it. You can say I'm a fence sitter; if that makes me one, okay yes I am one. I don't have a particular party in my mind; whichever is right or wrong, whichever is most promising or not or everything that is pertaining to the political systems today, is none of my argument.


I saw this system brought no harmony in our society, everybody's with their own parties they chose to pledge allegiance to, extremely worshiping their parties like they're some sort of religion or something, and if there exist conflicts in between everybody's get outraged. It is like, we're back into Middle Ages where everybody is bonded to their tribes and where tribal war occur to happen all the time. No harmony.


Talking as a Muslim, it is very awful to see every each of us cursed each other over the different political views and consider their rivals in politics with hatred feelings, rage and anger. Where is the brotherhood spirit as a Muslim? Where lies the quote from Quran in Surah al Hujuraat saying "All Muslims are brothers" in themselves? And all of this denials among us were just because we're not in the same political views, not in the same political party. I'm sorry but it really seems like we're putting politics FIRST in ourselves before Islam. Nauzubillahiminzalik..


Even Ustazs, and leaders of Muslims in society cursed each other just because they're not in the same boat in politics. And then, there exist mosques ad musollas of Party A and Party B, where they rather NOT pray together in a mosque in the name of Islam, but they got together and prayed in the name of POLITICS. This thing really happened in my place FYI, I'm not making up stories. I've once followed my dad to pray Solat Hajat in a surau of Party A, just across the street with another surau where people of Party B were also performing Solat Hajat., at the very same time. Brothers, look, look how far we've came to be.. look how this system is inconspicuously pulling us apart, slowly..


Besides the fact that our so-called "democratic" political system is already corrupted, this extreme political obsession is the another reason why I don't believe in politics, especially in our country. When political parties is in top of the list, when we're all possessed in the obsessions of different political views, I can merely say that, we have just gone too far away, as a Muslim.


Muslims brotherhood is just like tangles on a string; which will never be separated. Don't let politics overrule us.


From Surah Ali Imran Ayat 103,


"And hold fast, altogether, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves.."


Wallahua'lam.

1 comment:

  1. o, keep arguing and we youth- most are darn ruining.

    when politicians care only of reputation; madness.

    ReplyDelete

Nerd Comments